So this is what it's like . . .

to express any emotion I feel without any lip and no one trying to get the last word! I guess I should have started with the caveat - I'm from the South and there will be lots of colloquialisms (i.e. lip - sass, backtalk.)  I'm also quite known to go off on tangents . . . Speaking of being from the South, through everyday interaction and especially through my husband's work, I meet lots of people from all over the country, sometimes world -- whether it be here or there. They seem to be stupified that I am a homegrown girl who has never lived more than one mile from the house I grew up in. Yes, I went to college - in my hometown while living at home. I bought my first house (all by myself at 23 years-old, mind you) about half a mile from my momma's. After I got married and we decided to get a bigger place, it was half a mile from that! Even though I'm prouder than proud to be close to my family and have entrenched roots to this town that some people seem to think is a transition to something bigger, that hushed look of "poor thing hasn't made it out of her front yard let alone the state" resentfully makes me feel like a hick. My husband says it's awe and a little jealousy on their part - whatever. That was the tangent . . .

I've been following a few blogs this past year, some religiously and some not. But it has definitely put the thirst in my throat to write some things down. Maybe some of you out there are having the same experiences as me -- similar ideas, shared situations, etc. My blog is named Oh Boy(s)! because my life has been full of unexpected surprises and circumstances since my life changed eight years ago with the birth of Boy #1. Boy #2 has just added to the excitement, good and bad! And to top it all off, I've had Boy #3 in my life for more than ten years -- he's the one responsible for Boy #1 & #2. This is where I'll come to share all kinds of things - the Boys' latest calamities and debacles, my newest bursts of creativity and inspirations (with pictures!), even my of-the-moment fashion yearnings. (Be forewarned: I am in love with Anthropologie so much of that will be featured!) I may not get to write every day, or every week for that matter, but I hope you will join me in my topsy-turvy ride.

Good night for now and hope to see you at Oh Boy(s) again soon!

Comments

  1. Stephanie - This made me think of you...love you!
    Above all, trust in the slow work of God.
    We are quite naturally impatient in everything to reach the end without delay.
    We should like to skip the intermediate stages.
    We are impatient of being on the way to something unknown, something new.
    And yet it is the law of all progress
    that it is made by passing through some stages of instability...
    and that it may take a very long time.

    And so I think it is with you.
    Your ideas mature gradually...let them grow.
    Let them shape themselves, without undue haste.
    Don't try to force them on, as thought you could be today what time
    (that is to say, grace and circumstances acting on your own good will)
    will make you tomorrow.

    Only God could say what this new spirit, gradually forming within you will be.
    Give our Lord the benefit of believing that his hand is leading you,
    and accept the anxiety of feeling yourself in suspense and incomplete.

    Teilhard de Chardin, S.J.
    1881 - 1955

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to believe that such an ordinary mother can have such an extraordinary daughter! Love your blog. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got to be kidding me mom! First off, you are logged in as me somehow so it looks as if I'm saying this about my self. Secondly, I would never be who I am if it weren't for you. You are my ultimate crush and that is no secret to anyone. One day, it will be in print for the whole word to see.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts